This tutorial will show you how to use community support with RevTwo In-App Support.
Adding the Community View to your app will allow your users to help each other and interact without ever leaving their app.
RevTwo uses a sophisticated tagging system to allow you to route tickets and control which tickets are shown to different users. By passing in an array of tags to the “My Ticket” view, tickets can be tagged. Passing a selection of tags to the “Community” view will allow you to limit which tickets are shown.
For example, let’s look at an education app. For any particular student, there will be a set of classes with a set of teachers and a grade level. Each of these factors has corresponding tags and any ticket this student creates can be tagged with this information. That means students will only be able to view the tickets that relate to the classes that they are in and their information is kept from being viewed by those outside their class.
- Open your RevTwoSample app in Xcode and run it on your device or simulator. When the app opens, you will see a list of tutorials. Select the “Push Community View” tutorial.
Initially, you will see that you don’t have any community help requests.
- Go back to the “My Tickets” view and ask a new question.
- Run the Sample App on another device and navigate to the “Community View” tutorial. Here you will now see the ticket you created on the other device.
- On your second device, click on the ticket to start chatting.
- Click on the phone icon to initiate a support session. Accept on the first device to begin the help session.
- On the calling device, click the screen share button to request to view the screen of the second device.
- Hang up on either device to end the help session.