This tutorial will show you how to create a new ticket with RevTwo In-App Support.
- Open your RevTwoSample app in Android Studio and run it on your device or simulator. When the app opens, you will see a list of tutorials. Select the “My Ticket View” tutorial. This will open a screen that looks like this
- Enter your ticket’s description and tap ‘Submit’.
- While the app is running, log into revtwo.com and go to the Tickets tab. You will see the new ticket you created on the left side in the unassigned ticket list. Click on the Call link next to the ticket to connect to your app on the device.
- After it connects, you will see some information about your device, and a list of widgets along the side. The Notes & History widget is opened by default. This is where you can see the ticket’s issue in full detail. This widget lets you add notes about a ticket while you work on it. Type some text in the new note field and hit “save” to create a new note.
- You also gain some ticket management functionality along the left panel. Use the drop downs to assign the ticket to yourself or someone on your team. An email will be sent to the new assignee and the Notes & History widget will be updated to track the reassignment.
- When you have resolved the ticket’s issue, use the drop down to close the ticket.
- The new ticket form is included in the RevTwo In-App Support Library. Go back to Android Studio and open the DemoListFragment.java (app > java > com.revtwo.revtwo > DemoListFragment.java). There you can see how to instantiate a New Ticket view.